Thursday, November 01, 2007

Driveby Update...

Current Reads:
Jack Ketchum's Off Season. Amazing.. Ketchum on fire.

Scar Tissue. Autobiography of Anthony Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Alternatively exciting, funny and heartbreaking, this is a thick-ass book with tiny print, but I can't put it down. Can't say exactly why I was drawn to this book in the first place, but I can definitely say I connect with Anthony's mentality of spiritualism and overall philosophy of living. An extremely interesting read.

Next up for reads:
Into the Wild, Jon Krakauer
Forbidden Knowledge: 101 things NOT everyone should know
20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill - been waiting to get this one for a lonnnng time.
Tequila Sunrise; Brian Keene. Ditto on this one...

Current Music:
Niggy Tardust (Trent Reznor, the force behind NIN has taken this guy under his dark, black-feathered wing, and it shows.. oooh boy, does it show)

Avett Brothers (cd of misc tracks my cousin Kristie sent me that kicks much ass. Plus, these guys do one hell of a live show; bonus points if you're drinking Jack Daniels and still vertical while watching it)

Into the Wild Official Soundtrack. I first heard the cover of the song, Hard Sun about two months ago and immediately tracked it down. I turned on a friend of mine to it, and he got the entire soundtrack. The movie looks amazing... the soundtrack is put together by Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam, and is as close to perfect as possible.

Current Infatuations:
Positive thoughts, Stella (now that it seems the world has released it back on tap), trying to find balance, Crackerjacks, necklaces, laughter, and really bad dirty jokes.

Current writing projects: Ummm... does editing over my own stuff count? Other than that, odd little fragments here and there that pop through the lint trap of my head, and adding a paragraph here and there on a novella and trying to keep track of the flood of thoughts coming to me on a novel that I should really be working on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home