Monday, October 03, 2005

random updates from the morgue

A ridiculous amount of work going on right now. I feel like the Dutch Boy trying to plug the dam with his thumb.

Last two books I read:
Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door. A phe-fucking-nominal book. After reading the first few pages, I was hooked solid and couldn't put it down. I finished this one late Saturday night - in four days, which, for me right now, is a really fast read. This story wrings every bit of emotion from the reader. Incredibly well written.

John Skipp's Conscience
Great collection - the main story is another one that grabs you by the throat and won't let go.

Current read:
Earthworm Gods by Brian Keene - only a few pages into this one, but nice set up so far.


Music rotation:
Beck's Guero
Black Sabbath's Greatest Hits
Ben Harper Live in Paris
Credence Clearwater Revival at the House of Blues
Misc of Brian Jonestown Massacre

Funniest thing I've heard recently:
My daughter played a soccer tournament over the weekend, and I was splitting my attention between the game and watching my son run around, jacked up on fruit snacks. At the end of the game, I was no longer sure what the score was and I asked my daughter how'd they do.
Her response:
Well Dad, I didn't stink it up.

later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home