Friday, October 06, 2006

Drive by Update

In the next two days I'll continue the final part of my series, How to Breed a Horror Writer, but first, a drive by update.

Finished a rewrite (my third) of Pleasing Marlena and think I'm finally happy with how everything flows. Time to slap it on the ass and get it out of here.

Finished first draft of (working title) On a Warm Autumn Wind and without sounding like I'm patting myself on the back too much, I'm really freakin' happy with it. It's a short, creepy little tale and you'll see it soon. Right now I'm letting it ferment a little bit before I polish it up.

About midway through first draft of The Screaming Mute and it just took an interesting turn last night. The length on this is going to be longer than I first thought... I just hope it's not going to be one of those bastard children that isn't quite novella length but is awkwardly long for the short story market. Time will tell.


Recent Books read:
The Rutting Season, Brian Keene. Loved it.
Take the Long Way Home, Brian Keene. Loved it but wished it was longer.

Curren Books:
The Grand Struggle, Gene O'Neill - really digging it so far. Great little collection
Lord of the Flies, William Golding - yes.. I know... never read this classic. Sue me.


Music:
The Killers, Sam's Town. Fuckin' great.

see you all later,
be good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... Today's the 24th. That's a bit more than 2 days.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home