Friday, January 26, 2007

Like a freight train on my heels

Time and fate are beasts you cannot reason with. Opportunities rise and fall every day that have the potential to change the rest of your life. The most innocuous thing has the potential to turn your world on a dime. People who will alter the course of your life appear right before your eyes... but only if you recognize them.

I'm a cautious person by nature. I've been burned quite often and I've learned by those painful lessons every time. But I'm fairly positive a person with the power to alter my life has presented themselves to me. The signs are there. Those little "coincidences" that line up like soldiers waiting to wage some kind of epic battle. And this time, there are way too many "coincidences" to ignore. So many that it's frightening. So many that I don't remember the last time it made me react like this.

I'm doing my best to figure this one out but I'm not sure I can yet. I'm not sure this particular puzzle wants to be figured out as much as it just wants to exist. But if it's one thing I've become over the last couple years is a huge believer in symbols. Freud said that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Well that may be true. But sometimes Orion's Belt is the illuminated path to something far larger. Something far bigger than what I can imagine... something I didn't think would ever present itself to me in my lifetime.

One thing has remained true to me as long as I've known it - listen to my instincts. It pains me to say I haven't always remained true to the creed and every time I haven't, I've gotten hurt - and hurt badly. But I know I should listen to my instincts. What's my body - my soul - telling me to do? Goose flesh at the back of my neck. That tightening in my stomach.

That high-pitched rush, with the sound of my beating heart like a freight train in my ears.

Yeah. Oh yeah.

What're my instincts telling me this time?

Do you know?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do I KNOW? I have a million answers, most of them biased.

Keep writing,
that Muse of yours has more guidance for you than great stories.

You just have to be offering up the right questions.

Always Your,
Raven

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home