Monday, July 19, 2004

Blood Sucking Streets

Today, I make settlement on a new house. Well, I mean, it's not new. Actually it's sort of old, but it'll be new to me.
And for the past several days as I've been moving boxes back and forth, I've come to realize something about where I've lived for the past seven years; my town is a vampire.
I had a discussion with one of my best friends yesterday and that phrase just rolled off the tongue as natural as you please and after I hung up, I realized it's true.
My town is a vampire.
There's so much concrete around here that it soaks up blood and secrets more efficiently than a triple ply Bounty sheet. And there's so many like-minded negative people in this city that they just suck the energy right out of ya. What's worse is that I don't even know if they're aware of it; they've been doing it for so long that it's just standard operating procedure around here.

My new place is by a cemetery; lot of old deaths in there.
But the town I live in now is so much more haunted.

Ahh well. Time to go to settlement in a half hour. I'll bring a few sharpened wooden stakes with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home