Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Blow, baby, Blow

Hurricane Ivan is set to beat the living shit out of the Gulf of Mexico in a few hours. There's already been two people killed in Florida because of spinoff tornadoes, and if any of the shitstorm really nails New Orleans, there'll be corpses floating in chemical-dirtied water for miles.

But I'll see come morning.

Sent off a sitcom script to Bravo. We'll see what happens.

Friend of mine sent me a link to a (new?) prodco seeking genre screenplays, so the flames are higher on my ass now to get Happy the Man done - which, in case you're interested, took a dark turn last night when I got a string of ideas one after another that have forced me to rethink a story thread or two - but not enough to slow things down.

Flames... ahh.. oh yeah. Speaking of turning up the flames, after a night of broken sleep from my demon... er...son, I came downstairs this morning and my wife hands me the front page of the local newspaper. It has a huge photo on the front of a burnt out shell of a house. This happens to be directly next door to a house I have been working on for a year and a half and am closing in on completing. So... I went outside, flipped the finger to the sky and took my kids to daycare and stopped by the place to see if I needed to unfuck anything or not.

Turns out, not. Didn't get any damage on my house - but their place is done. Front door charred so badly it looked as if a gentle wind could take it off the hinges. Just cooked. Done.

That's two close fires for me. Two. That'll be enough.

Work coming out my ass, and having to force myself to do it - FinalDraft icon floats at the bottom of my computer screen, just begging me to click on it and get back to writing.

Keep feeling like something big's going to happen. Like a huge storm of some kind is going to swoop down and enclose everything. But I don't live on the Gulf, so I guess I'll have to wait on his one too.

-b



"Now the first time you kill somebody, that's the hardest. I don't give a shit if you're fuckin' Wyatt Earp or Jack the Ripper. Remember that guy in Texas? The guy up in that fuckin' tower that killed all them people? I'll bet you green money that first little black dot he took a bead on, that was the bitch of the bunch. First one is tough, no fuckin' foolin'. The second one... the second one ain't no fuckin' Mardis Gras either, but it's better than the first one 'cause you still feel the same thing, y'know... except it's more diluted, y'know it's... it's better. I threw up on the first one, you believe that? Then the third one... the third one is easy, you level right off. It's no problem. Now... shit... now I do it just to watch their fuckin' expression change."

        -- Virgil (James Gandolfini) "True Romance"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home