Monday, July 26, 2004

Surrounded by Death

I'm in my new place; cardboard everywhere, and I know it'll be a while before I'm really "settled in" but I'll deal with it. The move was monstrous, the days hotter than hell and humidity sky-high. Of course, now that we're done that part, the temperatures have dropped to a comfortable cool.

Figures.

My new house has a vacant lot one side; and I'm surrounded by death on the other with a cemetery. Funny thing is, I haven't felt this alive in years. I took a walk on Sunday morning; trekking along the cornfields and woods surrounding me. Two large doe and a couple of fawns got spooked by me and took off, white tails waving good bye as they bolted. Rabbits are everywhere and I saw the fattest groundhog I've ever seen. Between that and the ridiculously groomed cemetery, I feel like I'm in a nature preserve. I took one of my dogs for a walk and I thought his nose was literally going to explode off his face in a nasal orgasm as he took in all the smells and marked his territory with weak drizzles of piss here and there.

How the hell did I not go postal living in the city that long? All I know is that I was well on my way. I've been here sleeping since last Wednesday and I'm amazed at how comfortable I feel here already. It's got some quirks; some work needs to be done on the electrical, which I knew, and there's some adjustments that need to be made to the water pump. But those things are like looking at tiny scars or imperfections on the face of an old, familiar friend.

This place was made for creating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home