Thursday, November 18, 2004

Exorcising the Demons

Over the last few weeks a lot has happened.
The anti-chri... I mean George Dubya Bush has been elected.
Again. I'll refrain from talking about what the next four years will bring, suffice to say that for the first time in my life, I'm wondering whether or not I should just stop giving a shit about any retirement funds or ira's or mutual funds or any thoughts of reaching retirement age. Period. Because I'm beginning to think that a very bad strain of Captain Trips or nuclear winter will prevent it. Meatpuppets. Fucking meatpuppets.
But I digress.

Let's see... what else? Oh... I found out the hard way that it's not a good idea to leave power tools around a vacant house or else someone will see them after they've kicked in the door. And take them. Now I know what you're thinking; no Bob... don't go boobytrapping the place, you'll get sued and the criminal will win.

Too late. There are several large bed-of-nails lying around the possible entrances of a place I'm working on. And believe me... if I see bloody footprints, I will laugh the laugh of the clinically insane and if there's an attempt to sue me, they'll never make trial. Things take place. Accidents happen all the time.
But I digress.

Found out that Free Ride Angie shouldn't be thanked. We don't owe her anything. She is not our savior. She's human. I thought she had the strength, but I was wrong. She's human. She has faults. She fails.

But the story she gave me was the one that had to be told.

What else happened?
Hmm. Saw some ghosts for the first time in my life. I've been over it again and again and again and that's the only explanation I can come up with. Reader's digest version: I was in the cemetery next door to where I live around five o'clock, watching the sun set and saw about fifteen white orbs and one dark grey one. No I didn't shit my pants. No it wasn't even scary. The only way that I can think of accurately describe it is that it was like sitting in a park and watching children play. They were playing with each other out in front of me, not even interested in me, though the grey one kept carving off to the right as if it was trying to show me something - not sure what that was about. I never felt threatened or in danger at all (said the spider to the fly) and sat there for damn near fifteen minutes watching them. I went through the "maybe it's dust in my eye" or "it's only a reflection in my glasses" again and again and again. But each way I turned or even took my glasses off, nothing changed. I haven't read it yet, but I kept thinking of Tom Piccirilli's book title "A Choir of Ill Children" while I was seeing them.
So.. after much evaluation I've come to: a) they were spirit manifestations of some kind. or b) I'm going completely off my fucking rocker... which... let's be clear - is not a distinct possibility.

I'm working on a group of shit now. I tried to narrow it to just two projects and my muse gave me the big ol' FUCK YOU and demanded I write down ideas for some other things. But in the warm-up stretch, I've decided to write a list of shit that's pissing me off as of late:

The motherboards of furnaces that go bad.
Thieves.
The majority of people on the planet.
Distractions.
Any type of board of directors, committee, coalition, association or group.
The majority of people on the planet.
An impossibly busy schedule.
Bills.
The Gas Company.
The majority of people on the planet.
Old fuse boxes.
A morning commute of nothing but talk-show radio, commercials, news and anything else but music.
The majority of people on the planet.
Have I mentioned the majority of people on the planet?

fuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home